Jun 16, 2011

A visiting puppy

We had visitors today - 14-week-old American Akita puppy "Lova" and her owner came to visit together with our friend Johann. Lova and "our puppy-sitter" Gemma spent some time together but it's not always easy to communicate across breed boundaries.

What language do you speak?

Gem did her best but Lova was not overly interested in playing. 

Maybe if I make myself small you will come to me? 

 OK, I give up, but it was nice meeting you anyway. :) 

Lova is a cool pup, very pretty and confident. She wasn't taken aback by being greeted by five adult Malamutes. In fact, Little Miss Independent was not very interested in them at all. ;) 

We noticed today that mosquito season has started and we're hoping our Mosquito Magnet will work as well here as it did in Lapland. After spending time in the garden I now have bites all over. So far our dogs don't seem so bothered - having a thick coat in summer is not always such a bad thing!  


No comments: